I am such a big fan of dips. They are easy to make and fun to snack on. They are always a hit in my house. I bring them to parties and holidays well. This is one of my favorite go to replica recipes. I love the crab dip at Joe's Crab Shack and I order it every time. I think this is the best copycat recipe.
Joes Crab Shack Crab Dip
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat (drained) (I like the claw meat best)
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use margarine)
- 2 ounce cream cheese (i use low fat)
- 1/4 cup sour cream(I use light sour cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese(I use skim)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese.(I use mexican/taco blend)
- 4 teaspoon diced yellow onion
- 4 teaspoon finely diced green pepper
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and butter until smooth. Blend in seasoned salt, old bay, and paprika. Stir in yellow onions, crab meat, green pepper, and mozzarella cheese. I also like to sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top of the dip so it forms a nice shell of cheese topping.
Place dip in a lightly greased small shallow baking dish and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until mixture bubbles, about 10 – 14 minutes. Serve dip with warmed tortilla chips- preferable the scoop ones!