Monday, April 2, 2012

Joes Crab Shack Crab Dip


I am such a big fan of dips. They are easy to make and fun to snack on. They are always a hit in my house. I bring them to parties and holidays well. This is one of my favorite go to replica recipes. I love the crab dip at Joe's Crab Shack and I order it every time. I think this is the best copycat recipe.
Joes Crab Shack Crab Dip
Ingredients:

  • 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat (drained) (I like the claw meat best)
  • 1 tablespoon butter (I use margarine)
  • 2 ounce cream cheese (i use low fat)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream(I use light sour cream)
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese(I use skim)
  • ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese.(I use mexican/taco blend)
  • 4 teaspoon diced yellow onion
  • 4 teaspoon finely diced green pepper
Instructions:
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and butter until smooth. Blend in seasoned salt, old bay, and paprika. Stir in yellow onions, crab meat, green pepper, and mozzarella cheese. I also like to sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top of the dip so it forms a nice shell of cheese topping.
Place dip in a lightly greased small shallow baking dish and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until mixture bubbles, about 10 – 14 minutes. Serve dip with warmed tortilla chips- preferable the scoop ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment