I love this twist on Guacamole. It adds a sweet rich taste to your traditional recipe. It is truly delicious and a must try! I understand people have their go to recipe for Guacamole, but trust me on this, Throw in a banana! You will love it! Some may prefer some spicy notes to this so dont be afraid to throw in Red Pepper flakes, hot pepper oil or chopped jalapeno pepper.
· 2 fully Ripe Hass avocados ( black in color, slightly soft to the press)
· 1 ripe banana
· Juice of one lime
· 1/4 cup minced white onion, divided (amount is actually your preference!)
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro,
· One large plum tomato, diced
· Sea salt to taste
- Slice avocados in half. Discard the seed. Scoop out of shell with a spoon. Place in bowl.
- Add Banana and the juice of one fresh lime
- Using a fork- mash together the Banana and Avocado until you get a creamy consistency
- Add chopped onions, tomato, and cilantro. Mix all ingredients together gently,
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips , I like Tostado’s scoop chips!