Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I am not a poet


 
I am not a poet
For I have no desire to write
This pen is troublesome
The paper screams at me Every single night=-
The pen chased me down a street and
Shoved me into an alleyway
and force placed this notebook into my hands
Held an Uzi to my head- and said-
WRITE NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE”
I crumbled the paper into a tight little ball
And threw it into the air.. screaming
LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN FAIR”
The pen laughed at me,
Squealing “AS IF I CARE”
“As if you had a choice…
You were blessed with that voice…
Most people would rejoice”
Thru tears of vented up anger
I screamed “I CANNOT STAND YOU,
You ruined my life,
It is you I will sacrifice
To regain my clarity
& claim my prosperity!!
IT IS YOU THAT HOLDS ME BACK!”
And the pen continued to laugh….
“It is me who gave you loyalty,
It is me - who carried you….
But it is you - who entrusted in ME.”
 
 
(C) Victory

No comments:

Post a Comment