Crockpot Lamb Shank Stew
- 2 large lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- I can chicken broth
- SPLASH of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head garlic , peeled, chopped
- 1medium onions , coarsely copped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Your desired amount of grape or cherry tomatoes
- the juice of one lemon, I like to throw the squeezed lemon in the pot as well-
- 2 tablespoons crushed fresh or dry rosemary
- Combine salt pepper and rosemary and rub into shanks. Great way to release flavor.
- Pour chicken broth and red wine into crockpot and place shanks on top. Make sure to have enough liquid to fully submerge shanks.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover,
- Cook on low heat for as long as you can resist! I cooked mine for 8 hours… meat was falling off the bone.