Monday, March 26, 2012

Acne & Skin Care.

I am one of those people who grew up with horrible acne since puberty hit. I spent thousands of dollars on different products and medications... only to further aggravate it worse. I joined acne.org and learned a wealth of information there.


You can see my horror pics here,
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/201653-monsterfaces-battle/page__p__2713439#entry2713439

But I am happy to say I have clear healthy skin now!
Most people with acne have severely sensitive skin. Not oily, as they may think. Many people spend years stripping their natural oils off of their face. Guess what, Im going to blow your mind, We actually need them! its a barrier against the horrible elements in the air, just waiting to clog your pores.
Now here is something else that will blow your mind, Cut the chemicals. All of them. The scrubs, the gentle washes... get rid of them. And stop using makeup until your skin clears up, all the way. You have to grin and bear it for a while.
Anything you need to use on your face will be natural from now on.
I recommend the following face wash

DR Bronners Castille Almond soap
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/ALM.htm

ingredients: Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS

Then Toner, which is a water mister I made with rose water, a glob of 100% pure clear aloe vera, and jojoba oil.
I like to mist thru out the day to hydrate my skin. Also great for the hair

Then moisturize with 100% pure shea butter, straight from the nut.
http://www.africansheabutter.org/

Once a week it is good to exfoliate to remove dead skin from your pores.
the best way to do this is with brown sugar, olive oil and honey
2 cups brown sugar (lightly packed)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
mix together in a mason jar and it will keep well, does not need to be refrigerated.

In time your face will heal from the chemicals and start to clear up and glow, and retain elasticity. Let me know your progress using this method!!

No comments:

Post a Comment